Monday, October 8, 2012

Hungry for Words

My soul is hungry. And when people say that, they're usually talking about a need for more of the Lord, His presence, or His love. Well, I'm hungry for His knowledge. Like never before. And perhaps I should first clarify that my soul is also tired. Not tired from service unto Him, not tired because of this endless spiritual battle that rages all around us, but tired of...well..."Christian-ese" and "Christian-isms." I'm tired of feeling like I have to say all of the right Christian things that a good follower should... "Hey, God bless you!" "Don't worry, all in His timing!" "He works everything for the good!" "Yeah, I'll pray for you!" (or not)
I'm tired of filling in the gaps with my own strength, my own aimless beating into the air. And I'm hungry, even ravished, for the Spirit of God to move in my words. I want HIM to overflow from my heart and mind and into words of KNOWLEDGE for my students. I want to be slow to speak (and open to awkward silences) and quick to listen to the Spirit's voice. And then, by His marvelous grace, I will be able to experience the power that moves when His Spirit is given the freedom to fly and move about as the wind. And lives will be changed....because HE is changing them, not me. I'm just a stinky rag, anyway.
So this is my prayer request for all of you. And my prayer to the Lord echoes that of David: "May the words of my mouth....be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."--Psalm 19:14 Amen and Amen. "...to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit."--1 Corinthians 12:7-8

No comments: