Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A New Chapter

Well, while I cannot tell if my unusually profuse amount of sweating is due to the thick humidity in the air or my thoughts of an upcoming plane ride in the wee hours of the morning, I am certain that the shakiness that is making typing difficult only comes from the nerves associated with this looming country-skip. I've done this international swap SO many times, yet every time it produces different emotions and a reminder of just how abnormal my life is. This abnormality seems to be the cause of my frequent feelings of craziness and even alienation, yet I am reminded that, no matter where I am in the world, I will struggle as a foreigner, and my soul will never feel "at home" until I arrive at heaven's gates. And so I press on, always unsure of the path ahead, yet posturing myself with an assurance of His desire for my good and for His glory wherever He chooses for me to be His fragrance unto this fallen world.
As I leave behind SO many weathered, deep, comfortable, and amazing friendships, an overwhelming sense of gratitude comes over me. This summer was my most favorite YET, ever since my initial departure for Honduras in June of 2008, so THANK YOU to everyone who was able to share a moment, a laugh, a patio, and an afternoon in the sun with me. You have blessed me more than you know, and I look forward to seeing you again soon. What has meant the most to me has been a new, deeper, and profound understanding of the magnitude of support you all provide for me in so many ways. As the Lord continually teaches me humility, I am reminded to oh-so-humbly ask for your continued spiritual, emotional, relational, and financial support. Below are my prayer requests for the next couple of weeks and a reminder of how to partner with me in ministry.
PRAYER REQUESTS: The many cultural adjustments ahead of me as I return to Honduras. Proper time management amongst my work with students at the school, time at the orphanage, and time in my master's studies. Growing relationships with the many students in my care. That God would use me as the healing instrument He has called me to be. Granted desires according to His will and an increase in dreams and visions for ministry! HOW TO SUPPORT GOD'S WORK IN HONDURAS: Donate online with a credit card: Visit www.adventive.ca and click on “Donate now, US.” Choose the “Honduras A1 (J Jaunich)” fund. Or include the slip below with a check and mail it to: ACCI, 141 East Main St, Rock Hill, SC 29730 Project Designation: HONDURAS A1 (J Jaunich) Amount $__________ Your name or organization: _____________________________________________ Contact information: ___________________________________________________ Street City __________________________ State Postal Code ( ) - ______ - __________ ________________________________________ Telephone Email Please make checks payable to ACCI.

No comments: