Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ever Mindful

Hey gang! Well, this is it...my very last day in Honduras before the start of my official job here at NPH. Tomorrow I begin my work with the babies of Casa Suyapa, but not until noon, so that's great! My regular work days will begin at 5:30 AM! Yowzas. Life has been a whirlwind the past 2 weeks, and today was the first day in which I had NOTHING planned...it's been great. I slept in until 9, had breakfast with the visitors here from my old church, and then took a nap at noon. I've been told that napping becomes the volunteers' best friend here, which I can totally see becoming fact for me as well. We're all exhausted everyday, but it's been good. The group is getting along great, and we're all ready and excited to start our jobs tomorrow. I hope that I'm able to remain in good touch once the 'real deal' begins, 'cause I'll be working 50+-hour work weeks from here on out!
Let's see...wow, the ride has definitely continued to be full of ups and downs...some days are amazing and I wonder if I'll ever leave this place, and other days I'm totally frustrated and wonder if I'll ever really survive here...ha! I am still constantly praying about my attitude with the language...I'm excited to get over that hurdle for sure. But the biggest thing that God has been showing me over the past 2 weeks has been His mindfulness of me and my EVERY need. I can't even begin to tell you how many 'little' things He's been working out for me every single day. Sometimes I feel like I pray about something, and my prayer is answered within hours...it's unbelievable. There are so many examples, and they cannot be expressed in a blog, but a few of them include a small community for me to pray with every week, many conversations with the kids about God, the little kids' LOVE for my 'Pajama Bible' that my mom bought for them, random people we have met on our travels to and from the big city, and a few little necessities that I forgot or couldn't afford to buy that have just been placed in my lap. WOW. The Creator of the Universe is AWARE of my very need, hears my every prayer, and DELIGHTS in showering me with His good gifts and presence. I am in awe of how such a Worthy God would find pleasure in such an unworthy servant as me. Why He would choose ME, a sinful, selfish, even lazy (I know, hard to believe, huh?) human to declare His good works and advance His kingdom unto SO many people. He wants to do SO much here.
PLEASE pray that I am a faithful instrument of His goodness. I want so badly for His spirit to move in this place, and I do not in ANY way want to stifle His work. Please pray that I keep my standard at His and that I remain pure and holy in my thoughts, words, and actions here. I want to become less so that He can become MORE! And please pray that He gives me His divine love and patience for everyone here!
Love you all!

P.S. I tried to post pics here but for some reason was having trouble...I will try again soon! Sorry!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

"Now unto Him who is able to do abundantly more than we can even conceive, be honor and glory and dominion..." This is my own paraphrase, but it seems to fit your latest writing!

You need only to "do"; He is the I Am.

Sharon

KMunoz said...

Hi Jenna,
I loved hearing your update, you are on my heart often as i know that your current adventure is beautifully challenging. Terry and Amanda just got back from Guatemala (so nice to have them home) They had a great mission experience and loved the kid's once again. I can't wait to hear more about your kid's as you will come to know them. God is good. I Love you and am praying:)

mQj said...

estoy orando por ustedes - por ti - por los ninos y los otros lidres - tu vas recibir mas de tu puedes intender si tu buscas sin fuerza humana y solo buscas y escuchas con el amor de dios

raquel said...

what up son

jenna. I am reminded that while we are back here in our little worlds we tend to forget to be thankful about whats good in our lives. I was encouraged by what you wrote. and I very happy that while you're pouring all that you have joy consumes you. And I am also happy to know that you feel HIS nearness! it puts relief in me because while we pray for you no one can fullfil us like the Lord.

I am praying for you, and love you
raquelita
what what